Monday, October 29, 2007

day off number two

today we saw the sun for the first time since we got here. it's amazing how much that can affect your mood. especially when you have the day off and are free to do as you please. we decided to split up and do our own things today and meet up for dinner later on so i slept in and read in bed for a while and then put on my new little sweater dress and went for a long walk around the neighborhood (it was long half because i was enjoying it and half because i got lost and had to backtrack all the way back so i knew where i was...)
After my long walk i took the tram downtown and went to the dom im berg which is the theatre we'll be performing in. I didn't go into the theatre because they dont let you just walk in there but it's really neat because it's inside a cave in the side of a big hill and then there's paths and stairs all the way to the top of the hill where you can see the whole city and there's an old clock tower and bells and a fortress from world war I. It was really beautiful (although there were lots of couples making out... one looked like they were both about 14, laying in the grass in front of everyone...) and I had a great time wandering about and taking pictures (i didn't take any of people making out). It was nice to just relax in the sun and not have a schedule or anything and feel like I was actually experiencing something about the country I find myself in. So that was nice.
And then I wandered off to the call centre and had a nice little chat with kyle before meeting up with the others for dinner. We went to a little place called Kuba (or Cuba) which had pictures of fidel castro and che guevera up but it sold mostly hamburgers so, who knows... but the hamburger was good and it was nice to have some familiar food to eat.
I took lots of pictures today so once I figure out how to upload them onto this German speaking computer, or find an english speaking one, I will post some to show you all.

1 comment:

Tami Jo said...

sad you are missing halloween here. the boys are going to be so cute!
mom and dad are coming for supper tomorrow.
love you.