Thursday, July 19, 2007

new developments

I'm feeling very independent and domestic today. I'm house sitting for friends of Kyle's parents and I rather enjoyed my morning of laundry, plant watering and tidying. I can't wait to have my own house. I also got my legs waxed and met Kyle for a lovely lunch at the Don Deli. And then I heard it was going to be 37 degrees on Sunday so I decided it was time to get over certain insecurities I feel and buy myself a pair of shorts. I do not like showing my legs due to paleness and dark hairness. But I did it. I bought a pair of shorts and I'm wearing them right now and feeling rather empowered. If I can wear shorts comfortably, what could possibly stand in my way?

In other news, last night I became a pretend aunt for the first time. I've been a real aunt for years but never a pretend aunt. Last night Kyle's sister had her argentinian baby. His name is Manuk (manOOK) and he lives in argentina for now and Kyle and I have a hard time picturing him without a long goatee like his dad. But everything went well (except for the unplanned cesaerian) and the family is happy and healthy. He weighed 9.5 lbs and was 21 inches. (i think) hooray for pretend nephews!

2 comments:

Tami Jo said...

congrats on being an 'aunt' kyle has been a faker a long time it's about time he became a real uncle too!
we should mail her a sling.
I am sad to hear about the unplanned c-section how is she feeling?
that can be really hard, many women feel a great deep sense of failure when they need that knid of intervention, even though we all say it is most times the better way for everyone involved!
I am sure she is feeling overwhelmed being away from her parents right now, are they going down there?

Tami Jo said...

K upates on the trike blog... go if you dare!