Tuesday, June 5, 2007

a lovely disaster of a birthday

Last night Kyle and I went on a Birthday Date. It was a bit of a hectic day for me because I had a lot of shopping and things to do in preparation but I had no car so I was running around and getting shin splints most of the day trying to find the perfect presents. I ended up getting a car for about an hour and was able to get everything ready after all. And then I had a rehearsal from 4:30 - 6:00 and Kyle had a job interview at 5:45 just accross the street so we arranged to meet when we were both finished.

So we did. And as we walked to my car we noticed it had been mispaced. So then I had to make a whole bunch of phone calls to try and find it while we stood outside. A good thing about us standing outside figuring stuff out is that one of the guys who interviewed Kyle came out and asked him if he could start tomorrow (today). So Kyle is now a Bicycle Courier which is exciting and pretty much perfect for him as long as he doesn't get hit by anymore cars. So then Kyle and I went on a romatic birthday stroll to Higgens and Main to find my car in the Dr. Hook lot. There seems to be no reason why they towed it. Unless my meter broke after I parked there because I did pay for enough parking and they towed me half an hour after I got there when I paid for 2 hours... Oh well.

So when Kyle and I got home we decided to go to the Dandelion Eatery for dinner and we walked over there to find it closed. So we decided to go to Mise and it also was closed. So we ended up at Fude wich was delicious in the end and they gave us free dessert because it was Kyle's birthday. So the disasters ended there and we had a lovely evening and he loved his presents. And fortunately Kyle doesn't mind disasters. He says they just make things more memorable.

1 comment:

Tami Jo said...

aawwww... memorable disasters.
let hope it's not a trend.