Sunday, November 16, 2008

a new (and old) family favourite

One of my favourite things about my birthday is that I share it with my Grandma. (I know, my birthday was a month away and I'm still posting about it... sorry) Anyways, it's always been special to me to share my special day with such a special lady and I've enjoyed the way she's often shared her love of antiques and family and history with me on this day. This year however, my Grandma had to leave for BC before we had a chance to celebrate our birthday together. While I missed having dinner with her, it was a special birthday for me anyways because my grandparents generously passed on one of their original hudson's bay blankets. We love it. It's cozy and wooly and classic and historical. And it's become Petigre's absolute favourite place to sleep.





Thank you Grandma and Grandpa! We all love our new blanket and it will always have a place of honour in our home.

4 comments:

Aleksa said...

That IS a beautiful blanket. and Petigre is beautiful too. i love when they cover their eyes with their paws.

tiffany thomas said...

October 21 is one of my favorite days of the year. What a privilege to celebrate my mother and daughter on the same day! I love you both.


Dad

Aleksa said...

' WE WANT A NEW POST! WE WANT A NEW POST!'

should be said in a singsongy kind of way... or chanty... or protest...y... anyway hope you understand.

Tami Jo said...

heeelllooo? I agree with Aleksa! new and snowy brightness! fresh post needed!