Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's funny how the longer you leave things like these the harder it is to get back into it. You'd think that after weeks of not posting I could think of all kinds of interesting things to say but in reality, the past few weeks have been a bit of a blur. I had three weeks off of dance which was lovely but it went so fast and I didn't accomplish as much as I hoped to. i did get some Christmas shopping and knitting done which was satisfying...

Oh here's something: Kyle quit his job at the church. After 6 years of running the youth program he has accepted a new job doing media, photography, video and design work for the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. It's been a bit of an emotionally exhausting process - quitting and telling people and making announcements and whatnot but the hard part is pretty much over (we just have a Christmas party to have and a mini-golf course to build) and we're both really excited about his new job and the opportunities that come with it. So that's good...

Also, we bought a holographic tinsel tree for our apartment. It's a little bit ugly but a little bit lovely. It's a good home for the ornaments I got as wedding gifts - including my little reindeer from my mother-in-law. Every year I search for an ugly ornament for my in-law's tree (a story for another day perhaps). So last year, since I was moving out with my husby, the in-laws reciprocated and bought me a funny little reindeer to start off my own ugly ornament collection... (i think she's quite adorable though, really)



petigre wasn't really sure what to think of our new shiny tree...

3 comments:

Tami Jo said...

petigre looks satisfied with the lovely christmas decorating. she looks warm and content. thanks for the yummy cookies! we are making the lemon cookies today I will bring some down to you.

Aleksa said...

oh Petigre! I think i love you.

Congratulations Kyle! This sounds really exciting. I'm so happy for you.

Thanks for a new post... They do get harder the longer you wait... but i love them so keep them coming!

xA

Lorraine said...

Congratulations on Kyle's job. How exciting! And I am glad that mostly the hard part is over. It will be exciting to see the possibilities for Kyle with this.

I'd also like to see a complete picture of your Christmas tree. Elwood's mom won a tree that I think was similar to yours, so that was the tree of his youth!