Monday, September 1, 2008

cottage weekend

Kyle and I just got home from a nice long weekend at the cottage. We spend a lot of time sitting around and reading and knitting and taking pictures. It was quite nice.
One of the highlights of our weekend was the annual Nutimik Lake community garage sale. We went bright and early (about 9:30) and the place was packed full of people and stuff. We left with some exciting things and I came to realize that I actually have more collections than I thought I did.
I seem to collect:
vintage aprons
dishes from the 40s -50s
antique tea cups
cameos
and... that's all I can think of right now but they're all good things to look for in a garage sale.
The only sad thing was that we bought a set of 5 glasses and a pitcher and all the glasses were taped together with packing tape and when I was unpacking them today two of them broke, each of them the same way - a big piece came off with the tape, I think they were stacked to tightly and there was too much pressure. in any case, that made me sad. although the remaining three match the little plates we bought perfectly. that made me feel a little bit better.
perhaps i will post pictures of our purchases soon but in the meantime, here are some pictures (the first two were taken by kyle) from the weekend:







5 comments:

Tami Jo said...

i love those close up type at the lake photos...those are the kind that make me think of the lake the most...can't wait to see your garage sale finds...and it HAS been forever since we saw each other... I will be home monday when is the soonest we can have some face time?

Lindsey said...

ooo...sounds like fun purchases!
see you tonight!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hi just want to log in and see what you were up to. I'm back from summer vacation and it looks like you are too. (cool pics by the way)

Here's a question though since I'm from the us anything you want that you cant get in canada?

Fall swap partner

tiffany said...

swap partner,
hmm. nothing is coming to mind right now but if i think of something, i'll keep you posted. Thanks for asking!
tiffany