Saturday, August 23, 2008

the day the lemon pearl came to be

last night as kyle and i were sitting down for dinner my phone rang the ring it rings when someone wants to come in and visit. Not expecting anyone, I was surprised when my parents showed up with roses, a bottle of wine, a bowl of cherries and chocolate bars. My mom had apparently come accross my horoscope in the newspaper which said something about how I needed some R&R this weekend and that I should sit down with cherries, wine and chocolate, so my mom went out to make sure I had the right ingredients. It was very sweet and lovely. We also, fortunately had enough pasta for the four of us so we had a nice impromptu dinner visit before they headed out to the cottage. Thanks parents! The roses are beautiful, the food delicious and I love surprises.

After dinner I went to Christie's house where Lindsey, Christie and I had tea and cookies and chatted. Somehow, before we knew it, we were in the middle of an unplanned craft party. While we sat and talked we started fiddling with some random paint chips that happened to be on the table and soon enough (well, a couple hours and some very sticky fingers later) we had this:





we named our boat the lemon pearl after one of the paint chips and lindsey took pictures on her phone to make sure she (and therefore i) could blog about it (you know lindsey's having a good time and the day's a success when she says 'ooh i can blog about this!')

and then i came home and found that my lovely husband had cleaned our minor disaster of an apartment. there's something very wonderful about surprises, fun with girlfriends, creative accomplishments and a nice clean apartment with fresh roses on the table and somehow i managed to experience all in one day. thanks to everyone who made me a very happy girl yesterday. i love you all.

No comments: