Thursday, August 21, 2008

i have a pretty great boss

my boss cecely is an altogether lovely person. she's one of the most enthusiastic, sweet and encouraging people i've ever met and i love her dearly for it. we got to know eachother because one day, a couple of years ago, i stopped by her store and she commented on the scarf i was wearing (which i had felted myself) and wanted to sell them in her store, and thus our relationship began. Since then, I started working in her little store and I enjoy it very much. She's a very relaxed, supportive, generous and friendly person.
and... one of the added bonuses of our relationship is this:
Cecely and I are exactly the same size.
Last Friday, Cecely came in to work with about 7 pairs of virtually brand new jeans for me (and also a couple of tops). She was cleaning out her jeans drawer (she owns a lot of jeans) and brought in ones she hasn't worn in a while. All of these jeans are worth about $200 a pair and I was a very excited girl. It came at a time when all of my jeans were starting to wear out and I was starting to think about saving up to replace them. Every pair she brought in fit me perfectly and I am so grateful for my generous Cecely-friend.

No comments: