Monday, September 8, 2008

fall

Fall really is my favourite season. As part of the Autumn Yarn Swap, we're supposed to post on our blogs about our favourite thing about this season.

I think in general I love the feeling of it. I love the crispness in the air and the emergence of scarves and mitts and sweaters and jackets and wool socks and boots (I'm a fair-skinned individual and as much as I love summer, my legs never really got along so well with shorts...)I love the comfortable feeling of settling back into a schedule, the excitement and novelty of beginning new things - going back to school, back to dance classes, the new clothes, new school supplies. So much excitement and anticipation which is always somehow amplified by the refreshing cool air. I love the changing of the leaves and the nostalgic feeling that it brings. I love feeling cozy and snuggly with tea and a good book or a soft, warm knitting project...

October is my all time favourite month. I was born in October and I share my birthday with my grandma so it's always been a special time for me to spend with my family. Also, my husband and I first started dating in October almost 8 years ago, just before I turned 17. So it's a cozy time to reminisce about the slightly awkward teenage romance that developed and grew into the most important and beautiful relationship of our lives.


And that's more or less what I love about fall..

1 comment:

Tami Jo said...

yep... that about covers it! I love fall too... for mostly all the same reasons, throw in the colours and smells, the pumpkin spice and piles of leaves, crunchy walks in the park and spotting geese in the clear cool air. halloween costumes... soup...