Tuesday, May 22, 2007

exhaustified

so after one lonely yet lovely day off, i'm back at dance. and let me tell you how it went today:
9:30-11:00 class with Bill Evans from New Mexico. It was hard but fun and very sweaty.
11:00-1:00 somewhat useless performance workshop with Stephanie Ballard. we're learning a new solo for no reason in particular except to fill time.
1:00 - 1:30 eat lunch as quickly as possible without getting sick
1:30 - 2:30 body mechanics with Bill Evans. We learned about and paractised the 6 patterns of total body organization
2:30 - 5:00 rep with Bill Evans. We're learning a new piece for the show in December. It's fun but hard so far. It's very classical with lots of balancing and whatnot. Long dresses with sleeves. There's also a fairly lengthy solo part so the rehearsal almost felt a little bit like an audition too. So that was a little stressful and tiring since we were giving it our all the whole time. and the studio was hotter and humider than ever before. i don't think i've ever been so sweaty in my life as i was all day today.
5:00 - 5:30 Somehow in this time i need to go home, shower, find an black and white outfit, look fancy and lovely and get to a graduation cocktail party. Everyone else was done at 2 so they had lots of time to get ready. i ended up getting there closer to 7 and wearing a black and red outfit because in my haste to dress i stuck my foot through my black tights. red was the only other option (although to be honest, the red looked better anyways so i guess it was okay. an elderly lady told me i looked smashing as i frantically showed up at the building).
5:30 - 9:30 graduation cocktail party. Avoid getting drunk due to severe dehydration, shakiness from rushing and empty stomach.
9:30 - present whine about being tired to everyone who will listed (or read) and drink echinacea tea because my throat hurts and my nose is stuffy. I can't get sick - my schedule is the same for the next two weeks (minus the cocktail party, add another formal grad dinner and a stagette) and it's not an option to miss anything. So i might not survive if i'm not in prime form. Once I'm done whining I'm going straight to bed to finally put an end to my non-stop day. sigh. I guess I'm done whining now.

1 comment:

Tami Jo said...

exhaustified is the perfect word for your day, I am bleary just reading about it. At least you were smashing!!!!

Sleep lots darling!

T