Tuesday, March 6, 2007

titles are hard to make up


well... here are the pictures of my starching project. the flowers are made of hand felted wool, each one starched using a different technique. the vase is made out of a lightweight jersey fabric starched with epsom salts which is why it's all white and cakey looking. epsom salts are much more useful in the bath tub. i do not recommend using them for starching...



Next we have a brief update of my weekend. Friday was our final school tour show. We all went out for lunch at Deluca's (who, as it happens, gave us very poor service. we were told that they didn't have enough chairs for us so we were going to have to make do with 2 chairs for 3 people. I don't quite understand how they got away with this as we were all paying regular price for our meals. Plus they made us line up separately and wait longer. Plus they didn't bring us water and then got mad at us for getting it ourselves and told us we weren't allowed to drink out of their expensive glasses and the lady called me sweet heart in a very condescending tone... PLUS they kept trying to get us to share our 2 chairs with other customers who came in and they acted all annoyed when we couldn't seem to squish more people in... anyways, this was meant to be a side note, I got a little carried away.)

After lunch we had the afternoon off and after wandering the exchange for a while I went home to have a nap. and i woke up extremely grumpy just in time to go to a youth event. but I seem to have found a bit of a cure for grumpyness. It's called wearing something that makes everyone laugh at you. And this is what it looks like:



We went tobogganing... toboganning?... and... it was fun. (by the way, that was a picture of me wearing my big suit. It's made of denim and is enormous. It used to belong to kyle's uncle who is much larger than me. I like it because it's warm and it keeps snow from getting in my pants as it's all one piece and, obviously, it's stylish - notice the stirrup hanging out of my leg...) Some people rode down the hill on a couch on saucers. One little junior high kid came up to Kyle and asked him if he would take a picture of him and his friend pretending to drink hot chocolate while going down the hill. He was very cute. See if you can pick him out. Here is also a picture of Kyle and I while going down the hill, in which Kyle looks like a hungry camel, and another one of me looking kind of creepy in my big suit (it looks like my eyes are going in different directions). And that's all for now. Stay tuned for more exciting posts, such as: craft night at my house and i'm almost finished knitting a sweater (well, i was finished but the neck was too tight... anyways, a story for another day)

3 comments:

Tami Jo said...

SWEET SUIT!
LOVE YOU...DID YOU TAKE PHOTO'S OF CRAFT NIGHT?
TITLES AREN'T SO HARD...
CHECK OUT "CONCERT GIRL" ON MY PAGE...
I LOVE YOU,
T

Unknown said...

a hungry camel?

Lindsey said...

oh my gosh! i love your starching project! those flowers are beautiful! when i get home, i am going to steal them and put them in my room. hmmm...maybe i shouldn't have told you that.