Wednesday, March 14, 2007

harry potter and various pilgrammages

i've been delayed in posting recently because i've been re-reading the 5th Harry Potter book and it consumes much of my time. i must say that i'm quite anxiously awaiting the release of the 7th book. i know lindsey understands, she's already contacted me from accross the world a number of times to say how excited she is (speaking of which, i got your card and i love it and it was very exciting to receive in the mail and i feel badly i haven't sent you anything yet... but you just wait... it's coming). and i also must say that her presence will be missed on the dawn of this new era. i've already been invited to an anti-social picnic when the book comes out. from what i understand about this picnic, it will involve outdoor eating and reading and not a whole lot of talking. sounds pretty fun to me. so far it's just christie and her roommate and i. but we still have a couple months to recruit people.

i just got home from an amazing sushi meal with my family at wasabi on broadway. my family is leaving me. they leave on sunday to visit my brother and his wife in los angeles and then my mom is going to toronto and my dad is going to vancouver and my little brother is taking off on his own to thailand for 3 months which will obviously be an amazing adventure for him... and i'm staying here... maybe i'll plan a little road trip... to saskatoon or something...

speaking of road trips, christie and i just returned from a birthday pilgramage to wet seal. we had a rather great time, although lindsey was missed yet again. we left on friday after dance and got back late saturday night/sunday morning. we spent more money than we intended, and more time at wet seal than we ever would have imagined. and the other usuals - krispy kreme, target, rising bread co., continental breakfast... (the continental breakfast had a waffle iron... ingenious). Christie brought her camera but the battery was dead so we only took two pictures and I have yet to get them from her... but I will email her now and post them later... look forward to seeing our sweet 2 for $8 sunglasses... they're worth looking forward to...

No comments: