Monday, February 26, 2007

a stiff presentation...

well i haven't posted in the past couple of days because
1. there wasn't a whole lot to report... and
2. i wouldn't allow myself because i had a presentation to prepare for my textiles course. and it's finally officially over. i did my project on starching so i tried out 8 different kinds of starches and made a bouquet of felted, starched flowers and a starched vase. i even used power point in my presentation which i hardly even know how to use. i must say that my lovely kyle-friend probably did about 50% of the work... maybe more... he made all the stems for my flowers and he took pictures of them and made me a powerpoint slide show and helped me clean the kitchen and stayed up with me even though we were both really tired. and last night my printer ran out of ink so i couldn't print out the fact sheet that i was supposed to give to the whole class and today when i got home from dance kyle secretly had them all ready for me. he had gone to his mom's office on his bike and printed them off for me and had them all stapled and ready when i got home. so i like him. he's quite wonderful.

today we performed at two schools which means we've made it to the half-way point. starting tomorrow, each show takes us that much closer to a day off. this thought makes me smile. i decided to go for a new look today for the gumboot dance. i traded in my perisian look to become a bandit. my bandit bandanna was still the hot pink zebra one and my shirt was still rather... smart set... so... i guess i was a girly bandit... a bandito... bandita? in any case, i think i liked it better. it made me feel a slight bit tougher... and it seemed to give me some extra force because i managed to burst something in my finger so now it's all swollen and bruised...

and now i'm having ice cream and smiling about the thought of bed, which is where i aim to be whithin the next 10 minutes.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

your project sounds so cool! can you post some pictures of it? must feel so good that it's done. hope your finger feels better!