Saturday, April 7, 2007

I've been informed that it's time for a new post

So. To summarize my last two weeks or post-free activity, last week was spring break which was lovely but, as always, too short. Christie and I had a homework and laundry slumber party, which is slightly less fun than normal slumber parties but slightly more fun than laundry and homework on their own. And on monday night we had our class and on Tuesday morning Kyle and I hit the road for the good old city of Saskatoon. I knitted the whole way and we listened to a lot of radio shows that Kyle had downloaded for the trip. It was a nice little journey. We got there on Tuesday night and met up with Kyle's cousins Erik and Yuriko. Had dinner, went to a movie. This is their place and them (sorry, the picture's a little dark on my computer):


And this is their rather energetic dog Chaco. She tried to eat my slippers. And Kyle's hand. She looks like a bat in this picture but she usually looks like a chocolate lab.


Some highlights of our trip included the zoo (ducks are more fun to watch than you'd initially think, and swans are huge),

the Great Lake Swimmers concert (we were excited about this because we were disappointed about missing them in Winnipeg because we'd be in Saskatoon, but the funny thing about bands on tour is that they play in more than one city, and it just so happened that after Winnipeg, they went to Saskatoon. They were amazing. We love them now more than ever. Especially because they now have a song about modern dancers),

Tim Tam Slams (which is an incredibly delicious snack involving hot chocolate or coffee, and Tim Tams - a variety of australian (i think) cookie. So good. Can you put brackets inside other brackets?)

and the art gallery, which had a really neat exibit called containment and a conservatory in which we saw these crazy looking tulipy flowers. I liked them.


On the way home we stopped in a miniscule town and met my sister and her family at the Chicken Chef (mmm) for lunch. She was on her way to Midale, Saskatchewan to visit her birth father and his family. This is Solomon. I think it might be my fault he crosses his eyes all the time. Jack has learned all my tongue tricks and Solomon is on his way to having active eyeballs like his aunt...


On the way home we also saw this weird UFO-like light in the sky. We have no idea what it is but Kyle had to stop and take a bunch of pictures of it.


And since we've been home, I started dance again. It's been nice because we started off easy. I've been done early all week. Although I realized that we only have 5 weeks left until our show and we've hardly done any work on our piece so I'm anticipating a sudden stressfull push to get everything done in the next little while.

And I have a new job. I still work at Poppie every Thursday night and every other Saturday but now I also work at the little flower shop next door to Poppie on the alternating Saturdays. So that's fun. I had my first day today and had to make arrangements and corsages and I even got to take home some orchids that are beautiful but are getting a little too old to sell. So it's a fun little job and I think it'll work out well because both places are small and can't afford to give out a lot of hours so they get to share me and I get to work more consistently and try to pay off my visa after christie's birthday pilgramage.

And yesterday we went to church for good friday and then Kyle's great aunt took us out to the Royal Fork buffet to celebrate her 90th birthday. She loves birthdays. She had a big birthday helium balloon tied to her walker so everyone could see it and would stop to wish her happy birthday all through our lunch.

And tonight we're having dinner with Kyle's parents... for which I am late...

And tomorrow I think we're going to go out to my cottage to see my grandparents who just got home from texas and have a little easter fiesta.

And i think now we're all caught up on my various activities...
my posts always end up being way longer than i mean for them to be. i'm sorry if they're really boring to read...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

thank you tiff, i do feel completely caught up! i am glad you had a good trip and i think it is really funny/cute that you work at the flower shop next to poppy! fun! love you lot's!

mike said...

ahh eye ball tricks!!!
my kids are so special.
did jack learn the tongue trick in your previous post from you too???