Saturday, April 14, 2007

indelible strength top-coat

it's a beautiful sunny day today. the first really warm day we've had this year. so warm, in fact, that i wore open toed shoes to work this morning, which in itself was exciting, although i had to say goodbye to an old friend of mine. On January 13th, Lindsey and I went to get pedicures before she left for the Phillipines. We got to sit in massage chairs and they did cheesy little designs on our toes. This isn't all that exciting, really, except that the little vietnemese women had a pedicure secret weapon. they have super powered nail polish. The design and the polish was still perfectly intact on my toes this morning except that they were half grown out so the top of the design has been cut away. i realize this sounds disgusting. but i was impressed. especially because i'm really hard on my feet. i've never had a pedicure that doesn't chip away within a week. i don't just sit around all day wearing shoes and socks. i'm always bare foot and jumping and sliding around which makes it almost futile to paint your toenails. so i was kind of wanting to see how long this pedicure would last. but sandals were more important to me this morning so that's the end of my little experiment. but i should note that it took me a very long time and a lot of cotton balls to get the little buggers off my toes...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

i am so impressed that your pedicure lasted so long. i went to the beach the first week i was here and i don't think sand is good for pedicures. but was was left after that did last a very long time! we must go again when i get back!

Tami Jo said...

when you are ready for another mani-pedi-cure or waxing, let me know...perhaps we can make a date of it to get all prettied up for the season...
love you...and sorry for the blah call, I didn't intend to be a bum, I was just disappointed that it didn't work out, i miss you...
Tami