Sunday, October 26, 2008

A long post featuring many birthday highlights

Well, I think this evening officially ends my week of birthday celebrations. It started last Sunday with my sweat pants birthday party (to which I was the only person who wore sweatpants... ). We had a lovely evening with martinis and thai food and movies and pumpkin ice cream. and my two lovely friends.

Monday night was my Thomas family infomercial birthday dinner. It was very sweet of them to make me dinner as my in-laws have had a stressful week caring for Kyle's great aunt who broke her hip at 91 and preparing for a trip to visit Darlene's sister who hasn't been well. I really appreciated them making time for me. We had delicious steaks and visited and I received as seen on tv gifts. I don't know if it was planned to be an infomertial birthday but I very much love my Magic Bullet and my Sham-Wow!. In fact, I currently have muffins in the oven that I made with my magic bullet. What a versatile tool.

Tuesday I went out for lunch with my parents and then Kyle and I had a relaxing birthday celebration since he's been sick all week and felt he might not be very good company if we went ahead with the date he had originally planned. So we walked down to the falafel place for dinner and then came home and watched planet earth. It was nice to have an evening at home with my husband. Plus I got some beautiful gifts!

... As I was writing this, Kyle just sleepily stumbled out of bed and said very groggily "umm.. wife? what smells like heaven in a handbasket?" (I think that's what he said he was pretty mumbley)...

And yesterday Christie and I went to the Don for breakfast and then wandered up and down Osborne. We realized recently how odd it is that we spend a fair amount of time facilitating other people's shopping trips together and never go out shopping on our own. Shopping with a good friend is a pretty fun thing to do.

And last night Kyle and I went and had dinner with Tami and Mike and then Tami and I went on a little date to a house party where we got out legs waxed and eyebrows threaded and Mike and Kyle talked about bicycles and watched a movie.

And last but not least, this evening I'm looking forward to having dinner with my family to close off the birthday ceremonies.

Thanks to everyone who made me feel so loved and special on my birthday!

3 comments:

Aleksa said...

happy birthday again!

lovelovelove, us.

Tami Jo said...

and lovelovelove smooth legs!

Anonymous said...

Hi this is you swap pal and you package is late. I’m very sorry I ordered you something for you birthday but it seems to be a never ending wait so I am sending the last box Tuesday and then special box as soon as its delivered. Sorry for the lateness hope you like you stuff even if it is late. 