Tuesday, February 17, 2009

well. today i got an email, a face to face complaint and a comment saying that you're all tired of my get well slug.
i still like him.
he's up on our wall.

so here i am to tell you about something new.
something new....

hm...

here are the new things of my life:

1. last weekend lindsey and i went on our third annual cottage weekend extravaganza. our attendance was down by about a third but we drowned our sorrows in martinis and ended up having a delightfully good time. we ate delicious things and stayed in our pyjamas almost the whole time and added a couple new elements to our annual festivities:

a. outdoor fitness - we went on a nice long walk on the lake and discovered some fun wintery things such as twigs coated in ice, the sculptural qualities of snow and the delights of hand knitted hats.













and
b. indoor fitness (we're not normally very active on these weekends)

which brings us to new thing number 2:
after much deliberation and finding some forgotten walmart gift cards from our wedding, kyle and i bought a wii. lindsey and i broke it in with much hula hooping and various other amusing aerobic exercises. including lots of laughing at our ridiculous moves. here's lindsey skiing:



i left out the picture of myself hula hooping in my pyjama pants because it made my bum look really weird...

number 3:
i started dancing again yesterday. my legs are sore.

number 4:
i got 5 old pairs of jeans patched today. it's like i all of a sudden have 5 new pairs of jeans except they're already nicely broken in.

number 5:
kyle and i became wedding photographers last month. it was fun and we got paid in money AND delicious handmade cannelloni.

number 6:
i'm the last of the sisters to post about this but this month was the first month of our newly initiated sister's swap. unfortunately i don't have a picture of what was given to me... aleksa sent beautiful little boxes with chocolate in them, andi made a lovely country-lovin' mixed cd and shared some poems that have been meaningful to her, and tami made a pretty little pendant and a catnip/flax cat heart which petigre loves to rub her face in. and i made these:



hooray for sister swap! love and gratitude to all of you!

that's all i can think of right now...

8 comments:

Aleksa said...

love the ice sticks... love the beautiful pictures of your cottage getaway... love you.

Lorraine said...

Love the knitted hearts. And the fun get-a-way pictures. It all looks like fun.

Wendy said...

Thank you daughter, for that update - and for the beautiful pictures of winter at the lake. I think I will go out this week-end-can I borrow the wii? Never mind.

Tami Jo said...

:)
I, too enjoy images of icicles... linds bum and cozy knit hats... Wish I was there to enjoy all the fitness and fun!
I have your watch... It's being held hostage for a face to face hang out/craft or wii date...

Tami Jo said...

I am in your hood on tuesday night, for pottery. Do you want your watch? can you stay up late that night my class is over at 9:30, maybe after we can wii or eat chocolate or something....

Wendy said...

Have fun dancing up north! We'll look forward to the next update!
Love you.

mike said...

next update? you'll have to wait a long time for that it seems!

Wendy said...

Ok - I've been very patient - but now I am leaving for 10 days, so you need to post more regularly, so I can feel I know what is happening in your life while I am gone!! Enjoy this beautiful weather - next year remind me to head south earlier!