Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ottawa

Well, I'm back from Ottawa (I know... old news...) I got back last Sunday. We had a great trip. The first half was busy working towards our show which was on Tuesday and Wednesday but it was really fun working with the other schools from around Canada and all being a part of the same work. It was a really unique experience and the piece was incredible, in my opinion. It was really neat to see how the choreographer incorporated different themes and how he was able to organize 55 people in a very efficient way to create something really beautiful. I'm glad I got to be a part of that.

Other highlights of the trip included:

Dance parties in our enormous hotel room (seriously this place was way bigger than my apartment. It was great, we had a kitchen and a dining room and enough beds for the 4 of us to not share... anyways, here's a picture of Christie and Hilary. Notice how often Christie does the claw in pictures...



Milkshakes at Zak's diner. Many varieties! I had Chocolate Banana:



Discovering I could make this face (actually, I don't know if that was really a highlight...)



We went out dancing one night to 90's night. We had fun in theory but the club we went to was a little sketchy and they played more 90's grunge than we were expecting...









And in stark contrast, High Tea at the Chateau Laurier (we clean up well, except that I had to wear a sweater cuz I was sunburnt from 'landscape dancing' which is a story for another time):





This is their tea trolley, each compartment had different loose teas and they put them in a pretty silver dish for you to smell before committing to one. It was delicious tea. The big silver carafey thing was the hot water:



And of course, shopping is always a highlight. One of my favourite things about Ottawa is the open market with fruits and veggies and flowers and handmade thingies. I would like to get my groceries there.





We also found some really fun little boutiques:



This picture was taken illegally... The lady said we weren't allowed to take pictures because they have so many people's handmade things there and they don't want people stealing their ideas. So pretend you can't see the little owl pillow in the corner...



And I bought this tray at a little vintage shop. It matches our apartment perfectly:



Well I think that about sums it up. We had a lot of fun, got to see a lot of dance shows and... yeah, it was a good trip.

5 comments:

Tami Jo said...

i love the tray photo. that wall behind you is a lovely colour!
I am glad you are home and very glad to have seen you many times since... lets keep that up!

Lindsey said...

sounds like fun tiff! i love the tray!!

CLAP!CLAP!CLAP! said...

Olá...
Estou surpreendido com tanta expressão... Parabens!

Lorraine said...

I completely ignored the owl pillow. I love the tray and am glad it matches your apartment! Glad Ottawa was so fun. I especially like the pictures of High Tea at Chatea Laurier. A perfect thing to do.

Dom Manuel III de Portugal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.